Brahmi And Kharoshti Scripts
Number of Sessions: 18 (12 sessions for Brahmi and 6 sessions for Kharoshti)
Resource Person: Mr. Raamesh G.R.
About the lectures:
Brahmi and Kharoshti scripts can be counted as two of the ancient scripts in the world.
The Brahmi script was used in a vast area of the Indian subcontinent. With time, the script changed and kept transforming into newer scripts.
The Kharoshti script, on the other hand was restricted to the Gandharan region (parts of present day north-western Pakistan and north-eastern Afghanisthan) but was the prevalent script of that region for approximately six centuries.
These 18 sessions are planned in such a way that the basic script and the later developments will be taught to the participants.
1) Introduction to the Indian Scripts
2) The History and Origin of Brahmi
3) The Mauryan Brahmi letter
4) The Mauryan Brahmi Vowels and Joint Letters
5) The Mauryan Brahmi Inscriptions
6) The Tamil Brahmi
7) The Bhattiprolu Brahmi
8) The Satavahana Brahmi
9) The Kshtrapa and the Kushana Brahmi
10) The Pallava Brahmi and Evolution of Grantha
11) The Kadamba Brahmi and Evolution of Halekannada
12) The Gupta Brahmi and Evolution of Nagari
13) The Kharoshti letters
14) The Kharoshti Vowels and Joint Letters
15) The Kharoshti Inscriptions
About the Resource Person
Raamesh Gowri Raghavan has 7 years of experience in scientific research, especially with PCR and biochemistry skills, followed by 11 years of experience in digital marketing, adept at conceptualisation, strategizing, copywriting and execution of marketing campaigns, working well solo or in a team. He has helped bring several brands to market in memorable and award-winning ways. He is also a teacher-researcher in the field of archaeology, linguistics and epigraphy with 4 years of experience.