How Plants Shaped Indian Culture and History
Number of Sessions: 2
Dates: 21st and 22nd July 2023
Timings: 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.I.S.T
Fees: Rs. 600/-
Resource Person: Mallika Ravikumar
About the Sessions:
Plants have an intimate connection with everything that exists around them. In these two-day sessions, topics ranging from how human history is shaped by geography and the natural world to the Indian approach to the plant world (ancient and modern0, from the colonial project of studying, acquiring, and controlling plants and how that changed modern history to how the Botanical Gardens played crucial in history and politics shall be enumerated. These sessions include stories of some specific plants like Cotton, Indigo, Tea, Opium, Teak, Rubber, Mahua, and many more that played a key role in shaping Indian history.
About the Resource Person:
Mallika Ravikumar is a Lawyer turned writer, currently living in Portugal. She is the author of a law book (Disability and the Law, Universal Law Publishing, 2010), and several children’s books (The District Cup (Puffin) 2022, The Shell Story (Katha), 2022, Of Revolutionaries and Bravehearts (Puffin) 2020, Tracing Roots: Stories about Trees (Karadi Tales), 2020), with more upcoming. She is also a regular contributor on History, Culture, Law, and Society in Robin Age, The Free Press Journal, and The Hindu. She runs ‘Tree Talk with Mallika Ravikumar’ on YouTube and Instagram.
1. Please register on the website at the following link https://instucen.org/user-account
2. After registering and creating your login credentials. Log in and navigate to the course page.
3. On the course page. Click on the “Get Course” tab and then go to the cart.
4. You can apply a coupon if it is applicable here. Review your order and proceed to checkout. Enter billing information.
5. Place an order and pay on the Payment Gateway.
6. Course will now be available in your profile’s ‘Enrolled courses’ tab.